* Lowers blood pressure
* Increases circulation and blood flow throughout the body
* Relieves pain for migraine sufferers decreasing the need for medication
* Improves range of motion
* Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema
* Releases endorphins - the body’s natural painkiller
* Stretches atrophied muscles
* Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system
* Reduces spasms and cramping
* Delivers nutrition to the cells and tissues
* Helps to manage depression and anxiety
It is estimated that 80 to 90 percent of disease is stress related. The positive effects of massage therapy include reducing cortisol levels (cortisol is released in response to stress) by 31% in recent studies. Cortisol has been labeled a culprit for killing immune cells, most particularly natural killer cells which are responsible for destroying cancer and viral cells.
Serotonin and dopamine are increased significantly by massage therapy. Serotonin enhances the production of dopamine which is a neurotransmitter present in the brain. Dopamine is the ‘feel good’ chemical. Therefore massage therapy may be a natural alternative to antidepressants.
Relax for an hour on a heated table surrounded by soothing music and aromatherapy while an experienced massage therapist tends to your tired and achy muscles. Rejuvenate and refresh! It's the natural way to good health.
Hours: Monday through Friday 9am to 7pm
Saturdays by appointment